Yes, I got a job by making videos on YouTube. My channel is not monetized, don’t have many subscribers but still, I am able to land up a job. Not 1, Not 2, total 3 jobs.
If you are a fresher, don’t have a job, then this article might help you. Many companies need experienced people which leads to unemployment for freshers for many years. Some pick up odd jobs or jobs not related to their field.
I have few points which can work on (I will take an example of an IT engineer) -
- Pick up a Technology — RPA, AI/ML, Cloud Computing, IoT, Blockchain, Web & Mobile Development, and many more.
- Attend free training or courses available online. You don’t have to pay anything because there are billions of content out there on the internet — Audit the course on EdX, Coursera, etc. YouTube is another platform where millions share their knowledge.
- Have your basics strong in the technology you pick.
- Start personal projects.
- Start customizing your projects with some innovative ideas. Think as I only have this idea.
- When you become intermediate or expert in technology. Start your YouTube journey.
- Create a series of videos for a single project.
- If you are into coding, do it while you create your content for YouTube.
- Create a blog on the name of your YouTube channel.
- Send your audience to your blog if your audience prefers written content over video content.
- Whatever you create on YouTube, write a blog on it.
- Create a new page on your blog introducing yourself with expertise in tech.
- Create a Hire Me page on the blog.
- Create a contact page on the blog.
- Always answer the queries of your audience. You never know who will lead you to the opportunity.
- Be regular in creating content on YouTube and blogs.
Finally, have patience. Don’t think it is not working. Believe in yourself.
I see LinkedIn, many people asking for help for jobs where they say, they are unemployed for the past 1 year, 2 years, and so on. I want to say, you give your attempt in searching for a job, but what you did while you search for the job really matters.
Thank you All!!! Hope you find this useful.